As with any community, in real life and online, there are expected standards of communication. Comments are more than welcome, they are encouraged. However, please observe the following rules or your comment may be removed or rejected:
- All comments are reviewed before they are posted. Content managers may edit them for grammar and length, but usually the comments are left in the words of the original poster. While we encourage an open and back and forth dialog between our site visitors, content managers reserve the right to reject comments.
- Watch your OPSEC (that’s operational security). Do not post anything that would give U.S. enemies any advantage. If your Intell people, commander, or public affairs folks would freak out if they saw your post, we probably will too. Anything even borderline will be deleted. We do not monitor 24/7 so you are asked to help police your own community and point out to a poster if they have posted something out of bounds.
- No profanity.
- It’s okay to disagree with someone’s idea, but, no name-calling or personal attacks.
- Everyone is entitled to his/her opinions, whether or not you agree with them.
- DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. On the Internet, that’s considered SHOUTING.
- Do not post personal information about other people, such as full name, location, address, phone number, etc. Most folks do not appreciate their personal information plastered all over the Internet for thousands to see. While we have no rules which state you cannot post personal information about yourself, you’ll want to think twice about it—it’s usually not a good idea. You can send a private message to any person or group if you need to exchange personal info.
- This is a “No Spam” page. Please do not post any advertisements here.Messages that advertise a product, group or website will not be posted. If you have a question about whether something is okay, ask before posting.
- Please post all messages in English. At this time we have no way of translating. If English is not your first language, try one of the online translators, it doesn’t have to be perfect. I’m sure one of our great readers will help you out if you get close to the meaning.
- No sexual content.
- No overly graphic, disturbing/offensive material, or hate speech.
We’re sure these won’t cover every situation and we reserve the right to add to, delete or modify this policy at any time. Decisions of the page admins are final.
The opinions expressed in the comments do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Air Force.